Get the complete guide on what you can see and do in Accra, Ghana, with this blog article. The author discusses some of the top tourist attractions for visitors to the West African country, including religion, food, and culture. Get more information on how to travel to Ghana in this article!
Map of Accra
The map of Accra shows the most popular tourist destinations in the city.
There are several tourist attractions in the city which include:
1. The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre
2. The Gold Coast
3. The Lamptey House Museum
4. The Upper East Side Marketplace
5. The Slave Quarters Museum
6. The Ghanaian National Library
Accra Travel Guide: What To See, When, Where And How Photo Gallery
Accra Travel Guide for tourists
What to see in Accra:
-The National Museum
-The Flagstaff Hill
-The New Carlton Hotel
-The Kofi Awoonor Square
When to visit Accra:
January – March: The weather is hot and dry with a few showers. The festivals of Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are worth a visit. April – June: The weather is warm and humid. The rainy season is from July to December. September – December: The weather is temperate with a few showers. Christmas is a special time to visit Accra.
What to See in Accra
When to visit: Year-round
Where to stay:
There are many things to see and do in Accra, Ghana’s capital, year-round. The city has a lively nightlife and plenty of places to eat and drink, making it a great place to spend a day or two. Here are some of the top spots:
The National Museum of Ghana is home to a comprehensive collection of artifacts from all over Ghana, as well as from neighboring countries. It’s set in an old palace and generally open Tuesday through Saturday from 9am to 4pm. Admission is GHS 100 for adults, GHS 50 for students and children 6 to 12 years old, and free for children 5 years old and under.
The Independence Monument is the main landmark in central Accra. Completed in 1958, it commemorates the country’s independence from Great Britain. The monument is open daily from 7am to 7pm. Admission is GHS 100 for adults, GHS 50 for students and children 6 to 12 years old, and free for children 5 years old and under.
When to Visit Accra
If you’re looking to take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life, Accra is the perfect destination. With its temperate climate, bustling nightlife and stunningly beautiful surroundings, it’s easy to see why people have been flocking to this West African metropolis for years.
If you’re in town for a short time or just want to hit the highlights, here are five things you shouldn’t miss when visiting Accra:
1) The lively nightlife scene on Prewsley Boulevard is definitely worth checking out. From hip bars and clubs to lively street food vendors, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
2) If you’re interested in learning about Ghana’s traditional culture, make a visit to the Kotobabi Museum. This historical site is home to an impressive collection of artifacts from all over Ghana.
3) Stroll through the wealth of botanical gardens in Accra and marvel at the variety of landscape plants and trees. There are several gardens scattered around the city, so be sure to explore them all!
Where To Stay In Accra
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Accra, there are plenty of options. You can stay in a budget hotel or find a more luxurious option with a pool or spa.
Or you can consider staying in an apartment. There are many lovely places to stay in Accra, but here are some of our favourites:
This luxury hotel is located close to the National Gallery and the Kotoka International Conference Centre. The Cascades offers an outdoor pool and spa, as well as a fitness centre and business centre. Rooms start from US$135 per night.
The Amari Hotel
This five-star hotel features an outdoor pool, a fitness centre and sauna, as well as 24-hour room service. Rooms start from US$270 per night.
The Shangri-La Hotel Accra
This luxury hotel offers spacious rooms with all the modern amenities, such as air conditioning, satellite TV and free WiFi. Rooms start from US$269 per night.
How To Get To Accra
If you’re looking to get to Accra, the city is located in southeastern Ghana. The airport is about an hour away from the city. You can also get there by bus or train. If you’re driving, make sure to take the A2 expressway. The expressway will take you right into the heart of the city. If you’re wanting to stay in the city, there are plenty of hotels and hostels that you can choose from. You can also check out Airbnb listings if you’re looking for something cheaper. However, if you’re looking for luxury accommodations, then you may want to look into staying at a hotel like the Intercontinental or Renaissance hotels.
Tourist Attractions in Ghana
If you’re looking for some of the best tourist attractions in Ghana, you should definitely check out the following places.
1) Tema Aquarium- This aquarium is definitely one of the top attractions in Ghana. Not only is it huge and very well- organised, but the animals there are all really friendly and happy to see visitors. It’s a great place to spend a few hours if you want to see some really interesting marine life.
2) The Sewea Hills- If you’re looking for some natural beauty, then you should definitely visit The Sewea Hills. These hills are incredibly pretty, and they make for a great hiking destination. You can also find a number of nice restaurants and cafes up at the hills, so make sure to take your time while you’re up there.
3) Cape Coast Castle- Located on the coast of Ghana, Cape Coast Castle is an impressive sight. Built by the Portuguese in the 16th century, it now houses a number of museums which are well worth exploring. The castle itself is quite imposing, and it’s a great place to take photos if you have a good camera.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Aurora (Illinois) – Aurora – Illinois Travel Guide For Tourists
- A Map Of The Location of Aveiro’s Top Attractions
- Map of Avellino – What to Do in Avellino, Best Places for Sightseeing
- Map of Avignon Where to Stay in Avignon – A Travel Guide
- Baltimore Travel Guide for Tourists: A Helpful Map of Baltimore City