Rodez Travel Guide: What To Do And Where To Go
Rodez is a beautiful, historic city in the heart of France. It’s so great that it has been classified as one of the most beautiful cities in France by the French government. And yet, many people know this city only for its central location to many other famous destinations!
Map of Rodez
Welcome to the blog section of our Rodez travel guide! Here you’ll find all sorts of information and tips about what to do and where to go in Rodez, France. We’ll also be featuring some guest bloggers who will be sharing their own personal experiences and recommendations. So whether you’re planning a trip to Rodez or just curious about this beautiful city, be sure to check back often for new posts!
Rodez Travel Guide: What To Do And Where To Go Photo Gallery
Top Ten Places to Visit in Rodez
Rodez is a beautiful city located in the south of France. It is known for its stunning architecture, its rich history, and its vibrant culture. There are plenty of things to see and do in Rodez, and it can be hard to know where to start. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of the top ten places to visit in Rodez. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed.
1. The Cathedral of Notre Dame de Rodez: This stunning cathedral is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Rodez. It was built in the 13th century and is a great example of Gothic architecture. Make sure to take a look inside and admire the beautiful stained glass windows.
2. The Musee des Beaux-Arts: This museum is a must-visit for art lovers. It houses an impressive collection of paintings, sculptures, and other works of art from the Middle Ages to the present day. You could easily spend hours here admiring all the different pieces on display.
3. The Maison du Vieux Logis: This historic house is one of the oldest buildings in Rodez. It was built in the 14 th century and is a great example of medieval architecture.
4. The Basilique de la Vergne: This 12th-century church is located in the heart of the city. It was built with white stone and has survived to this day without any significant changes.
5. Le Chateau de Commarque: If you’re the adventurous type, then you really need to see this castle! It was build on top of a natural rock formation in the 12th century and reaches an impressive 30 meters (100 feet) above ground. You can hike up to the castle or take a cable car, depending on your physical condition!
What To Do
There are plenty of things to do in Rodez, no matter what your interests are. For history buffs, there are plenty of museums and monuments to explore. Art lovers will enjoy the many galleries and studios in the city. And for those who just want to relax, there are plenty of parks and outdoor spaces to enjoy.
No matter what you’re looking for, you’ll find something to do in Rodez. So get out there and explore all that this charming city has to offer!
Where To Eat
When it comes to food, Rodez has a lot to offer. From traditional French cuisine to more modern and international dishes, there is something for everyone. Here are some of the best places to eat in Rodez:
-Le Bistrot des Saveurs: This restaurant is known for its traditional French cuisine. If you’re looking for a classic dish like coq au vin or boeuf bourguignon, this is the place to go.
-La Table du Marché: This restaurant is a great option for those who want to try something a little different. The menu features international dishes with a French twist. The duck confit with spiced apple sauce is a must-try!
-Le Petit Bistro: This cozy bistro is perfect for a romantic dinner or a night out with friends. The menu features both classic and contemporary French dishes. The foie gras terrine and the chocolate lava cake are not to be missed!
Where To Shop
There are plenty of places to shop in Rodez, from large department stores to small boutiques. The city centre is the best place to start, with its pedestrianised streets and many shops to choose from. For a more eclectic shopping experience, head to the Vieux Quartier (Old Quarter) where you’ll find independent shops selling everything from vintage clothes to artisan food. If you’re looking for souvenirs, the Marché des Halles is a good place to find local produce and handicrafts.
There you have it — everything you need to know about Rodez in a travel guide! This charming French town has something for everyone, from its beautiful medieval architecture to its delicious food and wine. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to Rodez today!