The Ultimate Guide To Udaipur, City Of Lakes
Udaipur is a city of lakes that lies in the northwestern corner of Rajasthan, and it’s also home to India Gate, one of the most iconic landmarks in India. Whether you’re looking for a new destination or travelling with friends, this guide will help you get started planning your Udaipur trip!
Udaipur, India Map
Udaipur, the City of Lakes, is an awe-inspiring destination that’s perfect for a relaxed vacation. Whether you’re looking to take in the natural beauty of the lakes or explore the city’s fascinating architecture and culture, this guide has everything you need to make the most of your stay.
The Ultimate Guide To Udaipur, City Of Lakes: Udaipur, India Map Photo Gallery
What is Udaipur?
Udaipur, also known as the City of Lakes, is a city in Rajasthan, India. It was founded by Maharana Udai Singh in 1565 and served as the capital of the Rajput kingdom until 1819. The city is renowned for its lakes and for its luxury hotels and casinos. Udaipur is also known for its traditional architecture and for the annual festival of Pushkar Hindu pilgrimage.
The city is situated on the banks of the River Mandakini, about 110 kilometres south-west of Ajmer and about 350 kilometres north-east of Delhi. It has an average elevation of 568 metres (1,851 feet).
Udaipur is well connected with other major Indian Cities by road, rail and air. The airport is located about 25 kilometres from the city centre. The city has a railway station on the Trans-Yamuna Express which connects it to Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Bangalore. Udaipur is also well connected by road with all main cities in Rajasthan. Udaipur has two major bus terminals – one near Galta Lake and another towards Jhunjhunu City.
Where to stay in Udaipur
There are so many budget and luxury options when it comes to where to stay in Udaipur. If you’re looking for something on the lower end of the spectrum, you can check out the Surya Lagoon guest house, which will set you back just Rs 1,000 per night. If you want a little more luxury, consider staying at The Nawalgarh Palace or the Raj Palace. Both hotels will cost around Rs 5,000 per night. If you really need to get away from it all, consider staying in a villa in the hills. These can cost anywhere from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh per night.
There are also plenty of mid-range options available if you’re looking for a little more comfort. For example, the Kesar Fort Resort and Spa offers comfortable rooms with views of the cityscape for Rs 3,500 per night. Alternatively, try staying at the Amanpuri Hotel, which offers modern rooms with an air conditioning and minibar for Rs 2,500 per night.
If money is no object, then there are a few luxury resorts that offer everything you could possibly want.
Where to eat in Udaipur
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique meal, head to one of the city’s many restaurants. Here are some of our favourites:
– The Lake Palace: This restaurant is located on the rooftop of the Lake Palace hotel. It offers stunning views of the lake and an extensive menu that features international dishes as well as Indian favourites.
– Karma Restaurant: This informal roadside eatery is popular for its thali meal, which is a sampler plate of several different Indian dishes.
– The Rambagh Palace Hotel: This elegant restaurant is known for its international cuisine, including French and Italian dishes.
– Amritsari Biryani House: This hole in the wall restaurant is known for its biryani, which is a popular dish made from rice and spices.
Things To Do In Udaipur
1. Take a walk through the lakes.
2. Visit the ‘Ajmer Sharif’ ruins.
3. Spend time at the ‘Udaipur Lake Palace’.
4. Have a picnic on the lawns of the Maharana Pratap Museum.
5. Explore the city’s narrow lanes and alleyways.
6. Sample traditional sweets at a local bazaar.
7. Watch traditional dancers perform in the evenings at various venues around town.
If you’re planning a trip to Udaipur, the City of Lakes, be sure to read our guide. We’ll teach you everything you need to know about this beautiful city, from the best places to stay to where to go for your favorite activities. And if we’ve missed anything important, be sure to let us know in the comments!