If you are planning a visit to Bangor, Maine, our travel guide is the perfect read to help you plan your vacation. Here, we’ll tell you what’s so great about our town and how to get there, in addition to some of the best attractions provid
Map of Bangor
Bangor is a great place to visit for its unique attractions and things to do. The city has a lot to offer visitors, from art galleries and museums to nature trails and stunning coastal views. Here are some of the top attractions in Bangor that should be on your list when you’re in town:
1. Penobscot Marine Museum: This museum is home to a wide variety of exhibits, including ship models and memorabilia from Bangor’s maritime history.
2. Bangor Art Museum: This museum features a varied collection of art dating back to the 19th century.
3. Downtown Bangor Historic District: This district features many notable examples of early 20th century architecture, including several churches and commercial buildings.
4. Penobscot Island Lighthouse: This historic lighthouse is a popular tourist attraction and offers gorgeous views of the surrounding waterbody.
5. Chamberlain’s Bridge: This iconic bridge spans the Penobscot River and is a beautiful sight to see during a walk or bike ride through the city’s downtown area.
Bangor Travel Guide: Unique Attractions and Things To Do Photo Gallery
The Things to See and Do in Bangor
If you’re looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, Bangor is the perfect destination. With plenty of unique attractions and things to do, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Here are some of the things you’ll want to check out while in town:
1. Visit the Bangor Waterfront Park – This park features stunning views of the Penobscot River and is a great place to relax after a busy day. There’s also a playground, picnic areas, and a fishing pier for visitors to enjoy.
2. Check out the Bangor Museum of Art – This museum has a wide variety of art exhibits, from ancient Egyptian artifacts to contemporary works of art. You can also visit the museum’s galleries on different days of the week for different types of art experiences.
3. Attend an opera or ballet performance – The Bangor Opera House and Portland Ballet Theatre are both located in town and offer performances by top-notch opera and ballet companies. Both venues are very affordable, making them great options for families looking for quality entertainment.
4. Visit Penobscot Island – This picturesque island is only about 20 minutes away from Bang or. The main attraction on the island is the museum and history park, which features several museums dedicated to the Penobscot people’s history. Other popular attractions include a lighthouse and a beautiful beach on the shore.
5. Take in a baseball game – The Bangor Sea Dogs are one of the top teams in all of minor league baseball, so it’s no surprise that they’d receive high marks from TripAdvisor reviewers (they’re currently ranked among the top-rated teams in all of professional baseball).
The Best Restaurants, Bars and Cafes
If you’re looking for a delicious meal, you’ll want to head to one of Bangor’s many restaurants. From sushi to Mexican food, there’s something for everyone in town. If you’re looking for a refreshing drink, check out one of the city’s many bars. And if you’re looking for a great place to meet friends, head to one of Bangor’s cafes. Whether you’re looking for a quiet getaway or a lively night out, there’s something for everyone in Bangor.
Places to Stay
If you’re looking for a comfortable place to stay while in Bangor, check out the Inn at the Crossroads. This inn offers rooms with personality and all the modern amenities you could ask for. If you’re looking for a little more of a down home experience, consider staying at the Bangor Motor Hotel.
This hotel has been in operation since 1907 and retains much of its charm. Both of these places offer great value for your money and are sure to make your stay in Bangor memorable.
If you’re looking for something different to do while in Bangor, be sure to check out the Eastman House Museum. This museum features a wide variety of exhibits that will interest everyone from history buffs to art lovers.
It’s also worth checking out the nearby Penobscot Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum if train enthusiasts are among your interests. Lastly, don’t forget to wander around downtown Bangor and take in all the quaint shops and restaurants that have made it such a popular tourist destination.
Money exchange is a big business in Bangor, Maine. Visitors can find a variety of places to exchange money, from convenience stores to banks. Exchange rates vary depending on the location, but the average rate for cash transactions is about $1.50 USD per euro.
Bangor is a great place to shop because there are so many unique and interesting shops. Here are some of the highlights:
1. The Bangor Mall – This is a large mall with a lot of different stores, including a Barnes & Noble. It’s also close to several restaurants and shopping centers, making it easy to get around town.
2. Maine State Penitentiary – This place is interesting for two reasons. First, it’s one of the oldest prisons in the United States, dating back to 1825. Second, it’s home to one of the world’s largest collections of authentic American prison uniforms.
3. Quoddy Tooth Museum – This museum is dedicated to the history of tooth whitening products and how they’ve changed over the years. There are displays on toothpastes from all over the world, as well as an oral surgery exhibit that features real human teeth from patients who had surgery at the hospital next door.
4. Bangor Glass Factory – This factory makes blown glass sculptures and other decorative items. You can see examples of their work in the gift shop and at several locations around town.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Aurora (Illinois) – Aurora – Illinois Travel Guide For Tourists
- A Map Of The Location of Aveiro’s Top Attractions
- Map of Avellino – What to Do in Avellino, Best Places for Sightseeing
- Map of Avignon Where to Stay in Avignon – A Travel Guide
- Baltimore Travel Guide for Tourists: A Helpful Map of Baltimore City