HOTEL DEL CORONADO SAN DIEGO, USA
ET UPON A MILE AND A HALF OF SOFT SOUTH-CALIFORNIAN SAND
‘The Del’ is a grand hotel that looks out across the glistening Pacific Ocean. With its crimson tiles, whitewashed fascia and towering palms, it’s innately cinematic. Much of the 1959 Marilyn Monroe film Some Like It Hot was shot here and the hotel’s grandeur remains to this day. For cocktails, the Sunset Bar is the place to go – try the signature Blackberry Margarita for a potent fruity burst.
HOTEL DEL CORONADO SAN DIEGO, USA Photo Gallery
The Babcock & Story bar, meanwhile, has live music, craft beers and some mouth-watering ‘nibbles and bites’ (we love their shrimp tacos, dipped in zesty tomato salsa). The hotel also caters for the active, health-conscious visitor – there’s a fun early-morning spin class on the beach, and surfboards and paddleboards on tap.
OUR KIND OF LUXE
Visit in spring or summer and cuddle up in front of the hotel’s open-air cinema screen on Del Beach, next to your own private bonfire, with marshmallows and Champagne. GO An Ocean View double room costs from £342 a night; hoteldel.com
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Aurora (Illinois) – Aurora – Illinois Travel Guide For Tourists
- A Map Of The Location of Aveiro’s Top Attractions
- Map of Avellino – What to Do in Avellino, Best Places for Sightseeing
- Map of Avignon Where to Stay in Avignon – A Travel Guide
- Baltimore Travel Guide for Tourists: A Helpful Map of Baltimore City