Irving TX is a city located in the Irving and Grand Prairie areas. To make it easier for tourists to find everything they want, one local business has created an Irving map that’s perfect for on-the-go travelers.
Maps of Irving
Irving, Texas is a city in Irving, Dallas and Tarrant counties with a population of over 209,000. It is located in the heart of North Texas and is the largest city in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Visitors to Irving can enjoy a variety of attractions and activities including shopping at the many local boutiques and malls, dining at some of the best restaurants in North Texas, touring some of the many museums in the area, checking out a movie at one of Irving’s many theaters, or taking a day trip to one of the surrounding cities.
Irving is home to The University Of Texas Health Science Center At Irving which has more than 20 hospitals and clinics. The city also has a variety of parks and recreational areas for residents to enjoy such as The Nature Preserve at White Rock Lake and Heritage Park which features an amusement park, golf course, botanical garden and zoo.
Whether you are visiting for business or pleasure, be sure to check out our map of Irving to get a better idea of what attractions are close by.
Irving Travel Guide For Tourist: Map Of Irving Photo Gallery
What is Irving?
Irving is a city located in Dallas County, Texas, United States. According to the 2010 census, the city had a population of 108,032. It is the fourth most populous city in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and the twentieth most populous city in the United States. Irving was founded in 1908 by John W. McAllister as a small railroad town on the East Texas Railroad line. The city was named for Colonel John L. Irving, president of the railroad.
Irving is known for its rich history, including its contributions to aviation, oil exploration and space exploration. In addition to its namesake Irving Oil company, which has since been purchased by Chevron Corporation, other major businesses include ExxonMobil Corporation and Ryder System Incorporated.
Irving also has a growing arts and entertainment scene with several well-known museums and performing arts venues.
Irving is served by Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and is within easy driving distance of several popular tourist destinations like Six Flags Over Texas, Arlington National Cemetery and DFW Airport.
Hotels in Irving
Irving is a city located in Dallas County, Texas. The city is most well-known for its Irving Convention Center, which was the site of the 1984 Republican National Convention.
Irving is also home to the world headquarters of ExxonMobil. Other notable businesses in Irving include Accenture, General Motors, and Dell. In addition to its businesses, Irving is also home to the University of Texas at Dallas and the Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Looking for a place to stay while in Irving? Here are five hotels that should be on your list!
1. Courtyard by Marriott Irving – Located near the Irving Convention Center and within walking distance of many other attractions, this Marriott hotel is perfect for tourists who want convenience and quality.
2. Hilton Garden Inn Irving – This hotel is perfect for business travelers who need quick access to many of Irving’s major employers. It’s also close to many shopping areas and attractions.
3. Homestead Suites by Hilton Irving – This chain of hotels offers upscale accommodations at great prices, making it a great choice for visitors who want to spend less but still get quality service.
Restaurants in Irving
Irving is home to a variety of restaurants that will tantalize your taste buds. Whether you’re in the mood for Mexican, Italian, seafood, or American, there’s a restaurant perfect for you. Here are four of our favorite restaurants in Irving:
1) Mi Cocina: This restaurant is known for its authentic Mexican food. You’ll find everything from burritos to enchiladas to tacos. If you’re looking for something special, try the fajitas.
2) The Fish Market & Grill: This restaurant is all about seafood. They have options for everyone, from crab legs to salmon. The fish market also serves up some delicious side dishes like coleslaw and hush puppies.
3) Joe’s Crab Shack:Joe’s Crab Shack is a popular choice among locals and visitors alike. You can order anything from crabs legs to shrimp cocktail to fresh fish dishes like fish and chips. And don’t forget their famous desserts!
4) Olive Garden:If Italian food is what you’re after, Olive Garden should be at the top of your list. They have a wide variety of pasta dishes as well as pizza and Mediterranean-style salads.
Attractions and Events in Irving
Irving is a vibrant city with plenty to offer tourists and visitors. With attractions like the Irving Convention Center, the Texas Land and Cattle Museum, and the Texas Holocaust Museum, there’s something for everyone in Irving. The city is also home to a variety of festivals and events, like the Taste of Irving and the Irving Arts Festival. In addition to its attractions and events, Irving has a lot to offer residents as well. The city has plenty of shopping options, including boutiques, malls, and shopping districts. There are also plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from, making it easy for tourists and visitors to find something to their liking.