Ourense is a Galician city, located in the northwest of Spain and it is perfect to visit. This article is an overview of what to see in Ourense and where to go – from the “old town” to a walking tour of the city, and from typical Spanish food to taking a bike ride through the hills.
Map of Ourense
If you’re looking for a charming city to explore in Galicia, look no further than Ourense. With its medieval core and lively,artsy neighborhoods, this city is a must-see on any trip to Galicia. Here are some of the best places to visit in Ourense:
1. The Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela: One of the most iconic tourist destinations in all of Europe, the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela is a must-see for visitors to Galicia. Not only is the cathedral itself beautiful, but the surrounding area is filled with interesting historical sites and monuments.
2. The Ribeira Seca: If you’re looking for a place to relax and take in the beauty of nature, head to the Ribeira Seca district in Ourense. This area is full of beautiful lakes and mountains, making it an ideal spot for a day outdoors.
3. The Monastery of San Pedro de Cabeza de Vaca: Another popular destination in Ourense is the monastery of San Pedro de Cabeza de Vaca.
Ourense Travel Guide – Where to Go and What To See In This Galician City Photo Gallery
Ourense is a city located in Galicia, Spain. It is the capital of the province of Ourense and has a population of around 120,000 people. The city has an interesting history and culture that you can explore while you are in town. Here are some tips on what to see and do in Ourense:
-Start your visit by walking down the pedestrian street known as “Rua Nova” which starts at the central square. This street has many shops and cafes, as well as art galleries and museums.
-Next stop is the Cathedral of San Lorenzo which was built between 1475 and 1512. This is one of the most important religious structures in Galicia, and it’s worth checking out both the interior and exterior.
-If you’re hungry, head over to “Restaurante La Casa de Lidia” which has been awarded two Michelin stars. Alternatively, try “El Bodegón de la Abadía” or “Can Roca”.
Ourense Travel Guide For Tourist
Ourense is a great city to visit if you’re looking for a little bit of everything. It’s got plenty of history, attractions, restaurants, and nightlife options. You can explore the old town, go sightseeing in the surrounding areas, or just relax and take in the natural beauty of the region. Here are some of our tips to make your trip as smooth as possible:
1) Start your day with a visit to one of Ourense’s many churches. These buildings are iconic landmarks in the city and offer an interesting look at medieval architecture.
2) Head to Plaza de España for some beautiful views of the city. The square is also home to some popular restaurants and bars.
3) Walk around the old town and take in all the charming sights. There are lots of small shops and restaurants hidden away in these streets, so be sure to wander around until you find what you’re looking for.
4) If you’re feeling energetic, hike up La Veleta mountain for a stunning view of the city below.
What to see in Ourense?
If you’re looking for a city with character and plenty of sights to see, Ourense is definitely worth a visit. In this medieval town, visitors can explore charming cobblestone streets and squares, admire striking architecture, and take in stunning views of the nearby Pena Mountain Range. Here are some of the places you should definitely check out while in Ourense:
– The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption: Constructed in the 15th century, this massive church is an impressive example of Gothic architecture. It’s also home to the tomb of San Juan de la Cruz, one of Spain’s most revered religious figures.
– The Alcazar Palace: This former royal palace is now home to the municipal museum. Inside, you’ll find a variety of interesting historical artifacts, including coins from Ancient Greece and Rome.
– The Monastery of El Paular: This 12th century monastery is one of the most beautiful sites in Ourense. It features stunningly ornate architecture and a lovely garden filled with fountains and trees.
If you’re looking for something to do while in Ourense, there are plenty of attractions available. Some popular options include visiting the wine cell ars, visiting the old cathedral, or taking a trip to the nearby medieval city of Castro de Iria. If you’re more interested in learning about history than sightseeing, then you may want to take a guided tour through this ancient town.
Where to find the best local food?
If you’re looking for some great local food in Ourense, head to the Mercado Central. It’s a bustling town market that houses a variety of restaurants and shops. From there, it’s easy to find something to satisfy your hunger. Try the Paella at Restaurante El Paellero or the locally made charcuterie at La Casa de la Tenencia. If you’re in the mood for something lighter, try one of the many tapas bars in town. From there, you can sample a variety of dishes and decide which ones you want to take home with you.
For whom is this guide drafted?
Ourense is a charming city with plenty of attractions for all kinds of travelers. Whether you’re looking for culture and history, relaxation and recreation, or simply want to find some delicious food, Ourense has something for you.
This guide is designed for tourists who want to explore the city thoroughly. However, if you just want to know where to buy some groceries or find a place to stay, feel free to skip over these sections.
Ourense is divided into six districts: Igrexa da Nossa Senhora de Fátima, Centro, Cerro do Castro, Ribeira Principal, Ribeira Seca and Baixo Vouga Each district has its own attractions and must-see places. However, there are also a few general areas that are worth exploring no matter which district you’re in. These include the old town center, the riverfront (Conceição), the beaches of dunes and cliffs (Praia da Rocha), the University District (Zona Universitária) and the commercial center (Centro).
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Aurora (Illinois) – Aurora – Illinois Travel Guide For Tourists
- A Map Of The Location of Aveiro’s Top Attractions
- Map of Avellino – What to Do in Avellino, Best Places for Sightseeing
- Map of Avignon Where to Stay in Avignon – A Travel Guide
- Baltimore Travel Guide for Tourists: A Helpful Map of Baltimore City