With the heat wave that has been going around lately, it’s no surprise that people across the US are looking for ways to cool down. Owensboro is home to many fun things to do, see and eat. In this article we break down what to do, where to go and what to eat in Owensboro.
Map of Owensboro
1. If you’re looking for a weekend getaway, Owensboro is the perfect place to visit. There are plenty of attractions and things to do within the city limits, as well as nearby towns like Henderson and Newport. Here are some of our top recommendations:
– Take a walk down historic Main Street and enjoy some delicious food at local eateries like Five Guys and Burger King.
– Check out the Owensboro Museum of Art, which has a varied collection of art works from throughout history.
– Catch a show at the historic Paramount Theatre or take in some live music at one of the many local venues.
2. If you’re hungry, there’s no shortage of restaurants in Owensboro. From fast food chains like McDonald’s and Wendy’s to more upscale establishments like The Noble Gourmet and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., there’s something for everyone. In addition to traditional meals, be sure to try some of the city’s unique culinary offerings, like hot chicken sandwiches at Charlie’s Chicken and waffles at The Waffle House.
Top Things To Do, See And Eat In Owensboro Photo Gallery
Top Things To Do In Owensboro
Owensboro is a small city in Kentucky with a lot to offer visitors. Whether you’re looking for fun things to do, attractions to see, or delicious eats, there’s something for everyone here. Here are some of our favorite things to do, see and eat in Owensboro:
1. Check out the historic downtown area – Owensboro was once a major commercial center and is home to many historical buildings and monuments. stroll through the squares and alleyways and take in the architecture; there’s also a lively nightlife scene if you want to stay out late.
2. Have a picnic in one of the city’s many parks – there are plenty of parks throughout Owensboro with great spots for a picnic lunch or dinner. Grab some food from local vendors and relax in the sun or under the stars.
3. Visit one of the city’s museums – whether it’s the Museum of Natural History or the American Civil War Museum, there’s sure to be something interesting on display at these institutions. And don’t forget to explore the galleries after your visit – they’re always filled with amazing artifacts!
1. The Adobe Grill
2. The Bluegrass Brewing Company
3. The Creamery at the Farm
4. First Watch Bistro and Lounge
5. Green Acres Coffee Roasters
Things To Buy In Owensboro
If you’re looking for souvenirs, Owensboro has plenty of stores to choose from. Some well-known sellers include The Bluegrass Co-Op, The General Store and The Village Shop. If you’re in the mood for food, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. Options range from fast food joints to sit-down establishments. Here are a few of our favorites:
The Village Shop offers breakfast, lunch and dinner options. Their sandwiches and salads are especially delicious, and they make sure that every item on their menu is gluten free.
The Bluegrass Co-Op is a great place to buy locally made goods. They have a wide variety of items, including clothing, home decor and artisanal items. Plus, their prices are very reasonable.
If you’re looking for a good place to relax after a long day shopping or eating, try the Gazebo at Historic Fort Hill Park. It’s perfect for a sunny day filled with family fun.
Things To See In Owensboro
If you’re looking for a city with plenty to do, Owensboro should definitely be on your list. From attractions like the Kentucky State Museum and the Historic Riverfront to delicious dining options like Bakersfield’s and Rotten Tomatoes, there’s something for everyone in Owensboro. Scroll down to see some of our top picks.
Top Things To Do In Owensboro:
1. Visit the Kentucky State Museum – This museum is packed full of history, from artifacts from ancient cultures to items related to Kentucky’s role in the American Revolution. There’s also a great collection of natural history exhibits.
2. Tour the historic Boone County Courthouse – Built in 1892, this courthouse is one of the most impressive structures in Owensboro. Tours are available daily and generally last about an hour.
3. Explore the city’s vibrant riverfront – The banks of the Ohio River offer plenty of opportunities for fishing, kayaking, and walking. There are also several restaurants and shops along the riverfront, making it an excellent place to spend a day.
4. Spend time at Bakersfield’s – This restaurant is known for its vast menu of gourmet burgers, pizzas, and sandwiches.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Aurora (Illinois) – Aurora – Illinois Travel Guide For Tourists
- A Map Of The Location of Aveiro’s Top Attractions
- Map of Avellino – What to Do in Avellino, Best Places for Sightseeing
- Map of Avignon Where to Stay in Avignon – A Travel Guide
- Baltimore Travel Guide for Tourists: A Helpful Map of Baltimore City