If you are looking for a guide to ensure you have the best time in Bar Harbor, Maine, this is your chance. This travel guide will cover all the important information you need to know before setting out on your vacation – including finding the best restaurants and bars in town, tourist attractions, nearby lodgings, and more!
Map of Bar Harbor
If you’re planning a trip to Bar Harbor, Maine, you’ll want to know what to do while you’re there. This town is known for its picturesque harbor and beautiful scenery, and there are plenty of things to do if you have the time. Here are five ideas for things to do in Bar Harbor:
1. Spend a day walking around the harbor. You can explore all the nooks and crannies on the waterfront or take a longer hike up Mount Desert Island.
2. Go ice skating at the harbor rink. It’s open from late November to early April and admission is free.
3. Visit the Acadia National Park visitor center and walk around Cadillac Mountain, one of the park’s most popular viewpoints.
4. Ride the boat tour of Bar Harbor. This option is great if you want to see more than just the harbor; it takes you on a journey around Mount Desert Island as well.
5. Have some coffee at one of the local cafes and watch the whales swim by in Stockton Cove.
Map of Bar Harbor: A Travel Guide For Tourists Photo Gallery
Places to visit in Bar Harbor
If you’re looking to visit some of the most stunningly scenic spots in all of Maine, Bar Harbor is the place for you. The town sits perched atop a rocky promontory that overlooks the Gulf of Maine and Mount Desert Island, and its sheer cliffs, coves, and bays are a photographers dream. Plus, there’s never a shortage of things to do in Bar Harbor – whether you’re looking for activities like hiking, kayaking, biking, or swimming; eating at one of the town’s many restaurants; or checking out local shops and galleries. Here are just a few of the places you should definitely add to your list of destinations when visiting Bar Harbor:
1. Acadia National Park: One of America’s most well-known national parks, Acadia National Park is home to some of the most spectacular scenery in all of Maine. The park spans over 9 million acres and includes acres of pristine wilderness as well as several iconic sights like Cadillac Mountain and Shipwreck Cove.
2. Eagle Point: If you’re looking for an easy hike with dramatic views, try Eagle Point – just minutes from downtown Bar Harbor. The trail winds its way up through peaceful woods before culminating at an impressive viewpoint over the Bay of Fundy.
3. Bar Harbor Town: Bar Harbor Town is a charming little gem in the winter months when it’s covered in snow, making for great snowball fights and sledging down the street! In summertime, though, you’re in for a treat at one of Maine’s best beaches.
4. Acadia Uphams Corner: This is one of the most quintessential summer destinations in Maine – and it couldn’t be more picturesque! Get your fill of fresh lobster while sitting on the docks and taking in thousands of stars at night.
Where to stay in Bar Harbor
If you are in the mood for waterfront views and tranquility, your best bet is to stay on Bar Harbor’s West Street. Here you will find some of the town’s most well-maintained properties, some dating back to the 18th century. Just a short walk from town center, these properties offer stunning ocean and harbor views.
For those looking for a bit more excitement, there are several excellent options located closer to the heart of town. The Grand Hotel is perfect for visitors who want a lively nightlife scene and easy access to shopping and dining. Just steps from the hotel is the Glensheen Inn, which offers lovely rooms and a great pool area.
For those looking for something a little more affordable, bed-and-breakfasts are plentiful in Bar Harbor. The Blue Heron Bed & Breakfast overlooks Frenchman’s Bay and provides guests with beautiful views of Mount Desert Island. Another great option is the Kittery Trading Post Inn, which offers comfortable rooms at a reasonable price.
Whatever your budget or preferences, there is a perfect accommodation option in Bar Harbor for you!
Famous Attractions around the world
Bar Harbor is a popular tourist destination for those who love the outdoors and beautiful views. The town is known for its attractive harbor, which attracts tourists from all over the world. The town is also home to several popular attractions, such as Acadia National Park, Cadillac Mountain, and Seal Harbor.
Restaurants and Bars around the world
Bar Harbor is known for having some of the best seafood around. There are many restaurants and bars in Bar Harbor that tourists can visit.
One of the best restaurants in Bar Harbor is The Lobster Pot. The Lobster Pot is a seafood restaurant that has been in business for over 40 years. The Lobster Pot serves fresh lobster, crab, shrimp, and scallops. The Lobster Pot also has a wide variety of seafood dishes to choose from.
Another great restaurant in Bar Harbor is Salt Water Fishing Company. Salt Water Fishing Company serves fresh Maine lobster, codfish, whiting, haddock, and mackerel. The restaurant also has a variety of seafood salads and burgers.
If you are looking for a place to have a night out on the town, then you should check out Tony’s Towne Tavern. Tony’s Towne Tavern has been in business for over 30 years and it offers a wide variety of drinks and food. The tavern has different rooms with different themes such as a football stadium, a casino, and an amusement park.
If you are looking for something more casual then you should check out Blue Heron Pub. Blue Heron Pub is located in the heart of Bar Harbor. The bar has an open fireplace and a pub feel to it. The bar also offers seasonal beers, traditional favorites, and brunch on Sundays.
If you are looking for a grill located on top of Mount Desert Island then you should check out the Rope Swing Grill at Sand Beach Lodge. The restaurant has a view of Mount Desert Island and the Atlantic Ocean. The restaurant serves fresh lobster, chicken dishes, sea scallops, and other items that you would find at a fine dining setting.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Aurora (Illinois) – Aurora – Illinois Travel Guide For Tourists
- A Map Of The Location of Aveiro’s Top Attractions
- Map of Avellino – What to Do in Avellino, Best Places for Sightseeing
- Map of Avignon Where to Stay in Avignon – A Travel Guide
- Baltimore Travel Guide for Tourists: A Helpful Map of Baltimore City