In this article, the author breaks down a tourist’s guide for Clarksville, Tennessee. Along with providing a map of the area and a list of things to do, it also provides information about accommodations and food.
Map of Clarksville
If you’re looking for a place to take a vacation and don’t know where to start, look no further than Clarksville, Tennessee. This quaint town is the perfect place to explore without feeling overwhelmed, and with so many interesting places to visit, it’s hard to get bored. From historic downtown Clarksville to the lakeside communities of Lake Cumberland and Wolf Creek, there’s something for everyone in this small city. Here are some of our favorite attractions:
-The Clarksville Museum of Art is home to an impressive collection of paintings, sculptures, and prints from regional artists.
-The Bob Jones University Museum features exhibits on the history of Christianity in Tennessee.
-The Tennessee Aquarium is a great place to take children (or adults who secretly like fish). There are exhibits on all sorts of aquatic creatures, from sharks to rays.
-Clarksville has several charming boutiques and shops, including Masterson Station Antique Mall and Bridgeview Gallery.
Map of Clarksville – Tennessee: A Tourist’s Guide For Not Knowing Where To Go Photo Gallery
Where to Stay in Clarksville
If you’re looking for a place to stay while in Clarksville, there are plenty of options available. Downtown Clarksville has a few hotels and motels, as well as a few Airbnb’s. The outskirts of the city offer a few bed and breakfasts, as well as a few camping grounds.
If you’re looking for a place to eat, there are plenty of choices available, too. Downtown Clarksville has restaurants ranging from chains like Subway and Wendy’s to unique places like Pizzeria Bianco and Taco Bell. The outskirts of the city offer more variety, with places like Mama Jinja’s Soul Food Kitchen and Five Guys Burger and Fries.
Clarksville also offers attractions that aren’t related to lodging or food. The Fort Nashborough State Park is worth visiting if you’re interested in learning about Tennessee history. There are also several museums in the city that are worth checking out, including the Museum of Appalachia and the Railroad Museum.
What to See and Do in Clarksville
Clarksville is a small town with a lot to offer tourists. Here are some of the places you should check out if you want to experience the local flavor:
1. The Carter-Finley House Museum is a great place to learn about Clarksville’s history. It has exhibits on the Civil War, the founding of Clarksville, and local folk art.
2. The Dunlap Museum of Natural History is another great place to visit if you’re interested in learning about local flora and fauna. There’s also a collection of minerals and fossils on display.
3. The Municipal Building is a must-see if you’re interested in historic architecture. It was built in 1897 and is considered one of the finest municipal buildings in Tennessee.
4. The Historic District contains dozens of historic homes that are worth visiting if you’re interested in American history. Some notable examples include the Whitlock-Harrison House and the Beasley-Hill Mansion.
5. The Clarksville Zoo is home to more than 1,000 animals from all over the world, making it an ideal destination for animal lovers of all ages.
Where to Shop in Clarksville
The Clarksville area has a number of shops and restaurants that are sure to please any tourist. Here are some of the best places to shop and eat in Clarksville:
1. The Antiques Mall – This mall is home to a variety of antique stores, as well as a grocery store and restaurant.
2. Pike Place Market – This market is one of the largest in the country, and it’s located right in downtown Clarksville.
3. The Green Beret Shop – This store is known for its military-themed items, including clothing and accessories.
4. The Chocolate Store – This store has an extensive selection of chocolate treats, from chocolates to cake mixes to candy bars.
5. Five & Dime – This store features a wide variety of merchandise, including clothes, toys, and jewelry.
Clarksville, Tennessee is a small town that has something for everyone. It’s a great place to visit if you want to see the typical Southern small town, but also has plenty of things to do if you’re looking for something more. The city is home to a variety of attractions, including an amusement park, a zoo, and various historical sites. If you’re planning on visiting Clarksville, make sure to check out our blog for tips on what to do and where to stay!
Table of Contents
Maybe You Like Them Too
- If You’re Traveling To Gainesville, This Map Will Help Guide You
- The Best Map of Fukuoka
- Funafuti Travel Guide for Tourist: Map of Funafuti
- Fujairah Travel Guide For Tourist
- Galtür Travel Guide To Tourist – Map of Galtür