Travel Guide To Cape Town – Cape Town Map
Beautifully eclectic Having lived in Cape Town since 2003, Olivia knows the best-kept secrets when it comes to style in the city.
• The city’s best shopping secret?
The recently revamped Watershed at the V&A waterfront is a local market housed in a former industrial shed that promotes local artists and offers a diverse selection of beautifully crafted, unique designs in jewellery, clothing, art and ceramics.
Travel Guide To Cape Town – Cape Town Map Photo Gallery
• To avoid tacky souvenirs, what would you recommend buying as a memento of a visit to Cape Town?
Locally produced creams made from Rooibos, an indigenous plant to the Western Cape.
Cape Town Safety Map
• What’s the street style like in Cape Town?
Cape Town has a very relaxed, almost ‘beachy’ style first and foremost, but it is also at times very eclectic and colourful. The city’s diverse food scene is also reflected in the fashion industry with a regular influx of new boutiques and big international labels setting up shop.
• Any local designers we should know about?
Lara Klawikowski’s designs are highly unusual, intricate yet imminently wearable, and beautifully made in her Cape Town studio where she produces both a couture and a ready- to-wear collection. Her bridal designs are also amazing.
• What’s the city’s most stylish restaurant?
There’s something to suit all occasions, from fine dining at Michelin-starred restaurants in Constantia, Stellenbosch or Franschoek, to casual meals in the city centre. One of the newest additions is Villa 47 – set across three levels, each one offers a different experience and it’s one of the more fashionable places to go.
• Tell us something that only the locals know?
The Thursday-night summer market at Cape Point Vineyards in the seaside town of Noordhoek offers spectacular views of mountains, beach and glorious sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean; a great place to soak up the atmosphere with a sundowner and some local market fare.
Table of Contents
Maybe You Like Them Too
- If You’re Traveling To Gainesville, This Map Will Help Guide You
- The Best Map of Fukuoka
- Funafuti Travel Guide for Tourist: Map of Funafuti
- Fujairah Travel Guide For Tourist
- Galtür Travel Guide To Tourist – Map of Galtür