In this article, you will find out what to do and where to go in Columbus, Ohio. This quick guide of the best tourist attractions and things to do in Columbus is perfect for both locals and travelers!
Map of Columbus
Columbus is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio and the county seat of Franklin County. The city has a population of 82,821 as of the 2010 census. With more than one million annual visitors, Columbus is the largest city in central Ohio and the 14th largest city in the United States.
Columbus was founded on August 12, 1788, by Colonel John Smith and General John Henry. It was named in honor of Christopher Columbus, as Smith wanted to promote American colonization through emulation of Columbus’ achievements. The city was chartered on March 2, 1812.
Columbus is a center for research and education in Ohio with several nationally ranked universities including The Ohio State University, The University of Cincinnati, and The Columbus College of Art & Design. It hosts numerous festivals throughout the year, including Film Fest Columbus, JazzFest Columbus, and Winefest Columbus.
Visitors can find many things to do in Columbus including visiting historical landmarks such as The Statehouse or admiring works of art at The Columbus Museum of Art or The Wexner Center for the Arts. There are also plenty of cultural events to attend like an opera performance at Nationwide Arena or a gospel.
Map Of Columbus – Ohio – Columbus Travel Guide for Tourists Photo Gallery
Getting Around Columbus
If you’re looking for a way to get around Columbus, you’re in luck. The city has a great public transportation system that can take you anywhere you want to go. You can also use the city’s bike sharing program to get around town. If you’re looking for a place to stay, there are plenty of options available. You can find hotels, hostels, and apartments all around Columbus. If you’re looking for something different, there are also plenty of options available for tourists. You can find amusement parks, nature trails, and more here.
What To See in Columbus
If you’re looking for a city that’s steeped in history, Columbus is the place to be. Founded in 1788, Columbus is known for its impressive architecture and National Historic Landmark landmarks like The White House and the USS Constitution Museum. In addition to its historical significance, Columbus is also a hub of culture and nightlife. Whether you’re looking to catch a performance at the Ohio Theatre or explore some of the city’s many restaurants and bars, there’s something for everyone in Columbus.
Here are some of the things you’ll want to see while in Columbus:
– The Statehouse – This iconic building is located in downtown Columbus and has been home to Ohio’s legislature since 1803.
– The Franklin County Courthouse – Completed in 1892, this courthouse is one of the most impressive buildings in Columbus.
– The John Glenn International Space Center – If you’re interested in space exploration, make sure to visit the John Glenn International Space Center. It’s home to exhibits about Glenn’s life and career as an American astronaut.
– The Union Station – Located on the northeast side of downtown Columbus, Union Station is a popular shopping destination as well as a transportation hub.
Where to Stay in Columbus for Accommodations
If you’re looking for hotels in Columbus, there are plenty to choose from. Prices vary, but most options offer reasonable rates and a good location. You’ll find everything from familiar chains like Marriott and Hilton to unique boutique hotels. If you’re looking for something a little more affordable, check out some of the budget-friendly options in the city.
Some of the best places to stay in Columbus include The Inn at Olde Towne Village, which offers contemporary architecture and comfortable rooms at an affordable price; The Columbus Inn, which is located in a historic district and offers antique-inspired rooms at a fraction of the cost of other hotels downtown; and The Broadmoor Columbus, which has been voted as one of America’s top luxury hotels by Conde Nast Traveler.
There are also plenty of Airbnb rentals available in Columbus that will fit your needs. If you want to stay closer to the action, try staying in the Short North or Arena District neighborhoods. Alternatively, if you’d rather explore the city’s neighborhoods more thoroughly, consider staying in Upper Arlington or Grandview Heights.
How to Save Money in Columbus
If you’re looking to save money while visiting Columbus, there are a few things you can do. First, check out the city’s official website for deals and discounts on attractions, restaurants, and more. Additionally, use coupon codes and online auction sites to get even more savings. And finally, if you’re staying in the city, consider using Airbnb or VRBO to find affordable accommodations.
What To Eat in Columbus
When it comes to food, Columbus is a city full of variety. Whether you’re looking for a traditional American dish or something a little more unique, there’s sure to be something to tempt your taste buds. Here are five of the best restaurants in Columbus:
1. The Franklin Inn – This restaurant is known for their hearty meals and is perfect for those who want something a little more substantial than fast food.
2. The Bluegrass Grill – If you’re looking for a good steakhouse, The Bluegrass Grill is definitely the place to go. They have some of the best steaks in town and their atmosphere is second to none.
3. B Spot – If you’re looking for an eatery with a hipster vibe, B Spot is perfect for you. They have unique menu items and an atmosphere that’s both inviting and stylish.
4. Gourmandise – Gourmandise is known for their inventive take on classic dishes, making it a great choice if you’re looking for something different but still want quality food.
5. Lola – If you’re in the mood for Mexican cuisine, Lola is definitely the place to go. They have a wide variety.
Table of Contents
Maybe You Like Them Too
- If You’re Traveling To Gainesville, This Map Will Help Guide You
- The Best Map of Fukuoka
- Funafuti Travel Guide for Tourist: Map of Funafuti
- Fujairah Travel Guide For Tourist
- Galtür Travel Guide To Tourist – Map of Galtür