Want all your friends and family to be impressed by the gourmet offering at your reception? well due to its unique location, Gibraltar can offer up a rare blend of andalucían (moorish), mediterranean and british cuisine with delicious results.Don’t just get married there, why not start your honeymoon too? Afer all, Prince Charles and Princess Diana began their honeymoon at this special place! With plenty of fabulous hotels and resorts to choose from you are spoilt for choice, and of course it is just a short hop, skip and a jump back to the UK where you can easily depart for the rest of your adventure.You can get married here just as easily as you can in the UK! No red tape, no bureaucracy, it’s an abroad wedding made easy, with lashings of Mediterranean sunshine.
Start Married Life Under The Mediterranean Sun and Fall in Love With Gibraltar’s Unique Blend of European Moorish and British Flavours Photo Gallery
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the southern tip of Europe and with a 2.5 hour fight time and the local currency the British pound (it’s VAT free too!) we guarantee you couldn’t fnd an easier abroad location to plan your big day. As well as the gorgeous weather, there are plenty of spectacular settings to say ‘I do’, and with the iconic Rock in the background, it is sure to wow your guests and be a memorable and unique day.Gibraltar is the only place in europe that has wild monkeys! for a wedding with a difference, (and an average of 300 days of sunshine!) not to mention easy planning, you can’t beat this enchanting destination for a truly special big day.It’s been a celebrity-wedding favourite for many years! John Lennon and Yoko Ono wed in Gibraltar back in 1969 on the 20th March.
“We went there and it was beautiful. Te outside world felt like a mystery from there, so it was like the gateway to another world. We liked it in a symbolic sense. Te Rock of Gibraltar (the country’s famous mountain) also provided a foundation for our relationship.” And it’s not just rock stars that have chosen to tie the knot here, flm star Sean Connery obviously liked it so much that he got married here, not once, but twice! We’re sold!
1. Make sure you send out your save-the-dates and invites with plenty of notice so guests can book fights and hotels – they might want to plan a Gibraltar holiday around your wedding date.
2. why not set up a wedding website where you can include travel information for guests and suggestions of what to do in Gibraltar – visitgibraltar.gi is a great resource for what to see and do.
3. think about incorporating soMe gibraltarian touches in your day – buy postcards on a planning trip to use as save-the-date cards, name tables afer famous landmarks or include local food and drink in your menu.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Aurora (Illinois) – Aurora – Illinois Travel Guide For Tourists
- A Map Of The Location of Aveiro’s Top Attractions
- Map of Avellino – What to Do in Avellino, Best Places for Sightseeing
- Map of Avignon Where to Stay in Avignon – A Travel Guide
- Baltimore Travel Guide for Tourists: A Helpful Map of Baltimore City