Have you ever heard the saying that a tourist is someone who goes somewhere just because they’ve been there? Well, that’s not true. I love visiting places I’ve never been before, and I’m always looking for great travel guides to help me explore new places. This article is going to help make your travel planning process easier and give you some inspiration on where to go next on your vacation.
What to See and Do Omaha Map
Looking for things to do while in Omaha? Check out our great travel guide! Here are some of the best attractions to see and things to do in Omaha:
1. The historical district of Omaha is a must-see for tourists. The district features beautiful architecture, including the neoclassical Union Station, which was built in 1902.
2. Visit the Henry Doorly Zoo and ride the carousel. This zoo is home to more than 2,000 animals from all over the world. You can also visit the Safari Park, which has animal exhibits, a playground, and a petting zoo.
3. Take a walk or bike ride through the Douglas Park nature preserve. This park has plenty of outdoor activities, like hiking and biking trails, as well as an interesting pond with a waterfall and a climbing wall.
4. Catch a performance at the Orpheum Theatre or visit one of Omaha’s art galleries like the Joslyn Art Museum. Both theaters offer world-class performances, as well as art exhibitions that are sure to interest visitors of all ages.
5. Sample local cuisine at one of Omaha’s many restaurants, like Giordano’s Ristorante Italiano or Freddie’s Fresh Pasta. This lively city has an abundance of authentic Italian and American cuisines, with a variety of different options available to choose from.
6. Stay in touch with the digital age at Offutt Air Base. The base is home to the U.S. Strategic Command (STRATCOM), where many advanced weapons systems are tested and developed for use in the United States’ foreign affairs efforts worldwide.
7. Take a stroll through downtown Omaha’s historic district to visit one of the city’s many architectural wonders like Union Station, or walk along the riverfront path near Harney Street Park. Omaha boasts several beautiful parks that are ideal for exploring on foot or by bike.
The Great Omaha Travel Guide For Tourists Photo Gallery
Where to Eat
The best places to eat in Omaha are all within a few blocks of each other. The following is a list of some of the best options:
-Crazy Horse Tavern: This tavern is located in the heart of the historic district and has been serving up great food and drinks since 1884. It features American cuisine with a western flair.
-Samsara Lounge: This lounge is located in the South Plains Mall and offers a variety of Asian cuisine, including sushi and Thai food.
-Brewhaus: This brewery has been brewing award-winning beer since 1979, and its restaurant offers pub food that is perfect for unwinding after a day of sightseeing or shopping.
-Elkhorn Tavern: This tavern is located in Elkhorn and is known for its burgers and classic American fare. The tavern has been around since 1933 and features large windows that give customers a nice view of the street below.
Where to Stay
If you’re looking for a great place to stay while in Omaha, there are many options to choose from. You can stay in a budget-friendly hotel or find a luxurious property that will make your vacation feel like a dream.
Here are some of the best places to stay in Omaha:
The Jerome Hotel: This historic property is located in the heart of downtown Omaha and offers guests impeccable service and stunning views of the city. The Jerome also has an excellent restaurant and bar scene.
Loews Hotel: This iconic hotel is situated on the banks of the Missouri River and offers stunning views of both the city skyline and the riverbanks. Loews also offers excellent amenities, such as a spa, a fitness center, and a movie theater.
Kimpton Hotel Douglas: This modern establishment is located in the trendy part of town and offers stylish rooms with high-end amenities. It’s also close to many popular tourist destinations, such as Old Market Square and the Zoo.
The Best Western Plus Omaha Downtown offers an excellent location close to many popular tourist destinations, such as Old Market Square and the Zoo. It’s also close to budget-friendly hotels if you need something more affordable.
How Much It Costs
Omaha is the largest city in Nebraska and one of the most populous cities in the Midwest. With a population of just over 305,000 people, Omaha is the perfect place to explore if you’re looking for a smaller city with lots of character. You’ll be able to find plenty of shops, restaurants and attractions without spending a fortune.
Average Cost Of Living In Omaha:
-The average cost of living in Omaha is relatively low when compared to other larger metropolitan areas. The cost of groceries, for example, is about two-thirds the cost of what it is in more expensive cities.
-Utilities are also affordable, costing an average of $140 per month. Rent is also relatively affordable, especially compared to larger cities. A one-bedroom apartment can cost as little as $850 per month.
-There are some things that aren’t as affordable as they might be in other cities. For example, gasoline is more expensive than it is in many other places, and transportation costs are also higher than they are in some other parts of the country.
Average Cost Of Attractions In Omaha:
-There are a number of attractions that are free or incredibly inexpensive. All of these attractions are part of the City Of Omaha’s attraction list, and many are included in their annual pass program. -One of the best places to visit for free is Old Market Square. This is an open-air market that sells a variety of food, arts and crafts and much more in addition to the regular wares you’ll find at a typical mall. It’s also home to a number of events throughout the year, including festivals, concerts and other opportunities for entertainment.
In Omaha, there are a number of ways to get around. Public transit is available throughout the city, and taxis are plentiful and affordable. If you’re looking for a more personal experience, you can take a Lyft or Uber. Or if you’re feeling adventurous (or just want to avoid traffic), you can hop in your car and explore the city on your own.
Here are some transportation tips to help you get around Omaha:
Omaha has a great public transit system! The Metro Transit Authority runs buses, light rail, and commuter rail throughout the city. You can buy tickets online or at any Metro Transit Authority station. The fare is $2.50 for adults, $1 for children ages 6-17, and free for children 5 and under.
Metro Transit also offers a “Ride Free” program for seniors 60 years of age or older and persons with disabilities who use an ADA-approved accessible vehicle. These riders pay $1 per ride instead of the normal fare.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Aurora (Illinois) – Aurora – Illinois Travel Guide For Tourists
- A Map Of The Location of Aveiro’s Top Attractions
- Map of Avellino – What to Do in Avellino, Best Places for Sightseeing
- Map of Avignon Where to Stay in Avignon – A Travel Guide
- Baltimore Travel Guide for Tourists: A Helpful Map of Baltimore City