Have you ever been travelling and wanted to find a place to stay the night, or plan your route? Belfast – Northern Ireland’s capital city is home to many attractions. See where they are located with this convenient map!
Map of Belfast
Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland, is a bustling city with an undeniable charm. With its centuries-old architecture and bustling streets, Belfast is a great destination for tourists looking to explore its many attractions. If you’re planning a trip to Belfast, here’s a map of the city to help you get around.
The map covers the following areas:
Old City: This area is home to Belfast’s historic architecture, including the Ulster Museum, Protestant Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, and Queen’s University. You’ll also find numerous boutiques and restaurants in this district.
Belfast Marina: This area is home to several popular tourist destinations, including the Titanic Belfast museum and Titanic Quarter shopping mall.
The Botanic Gardens: Offering stunning views of Belfast Harbour and Lough Neagh, this UNESCO World Heritage site is a must-see for visitors to Belfast.
Queen’s University: This renowned university is located in the Old City area. It offers a variety of educational opportunities, as well as plenty of places to eat and drink in the vicinity.
Belfast Travel Guide for Tourists: Map Of Belfast To Plan Your Trip Photo Gallery
History of Belfast
Belfast is located on the eastern coast of Ireland and its history dates back to the 6th century. It was originally known as Bangor, and it was the capital of the Kingdom of Ulster. The city grew rapidly after it was designated as the official capital of Ireland in 1801. Today, Belfast is a vibrant city with a rich history and culture.
Here are some highlights of Belfast’s history:
– Belfast has been home to many important historical figures, including Nelson Mandela and Lord Mountbatten.
– The Titanic was built in Belfast, and many famous musicians and celebrities were born in the city, including U2 and Van Morrison.
– Belfast played an important role in the Irish War of Independence (1919-1921).
– The devastating bombings that took place in Belfast during The Troubles (1969-1998) are still remembered today.
Places to Stay in Belfast
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Belfast, there are a few options available.
Some of the nicer hotels in Belfast include the Crowne Plaza Belfast City Centre, the Novotel Belfast City Centre, and the Travelodge Belfast City Centre.
If you’re looking for a cheaper option, then you can check out some of the hostels in Belfast. Some of the better known hostels in Belfast include the BBC Youth Hostel, the Europa Youth Hostel, and the IHOP Hostel.
Places to Eat in & Around Belfast
If you’re looking for a place to eat in Belfast, then your options are quite limited. However, there are some great places to try if you’re looking for something quick and convenient. The best thing about Belfast eateries is that you can find something for everyone – whether you’re looking for a traditional Irish meal or something more international. Here are four of the best places to eat in Belfast:
1. Prego Pizza – This pizzeria is located on Botanic Avenue and is perfect for those who want something quick and easy. They have a variety of toppings available, making it easy to create your own pizza. Plus, their prices are reasonable.
2. Tian Tian Dumpling House – If you’re a fan of dumplings, then Tian Tian is the place to go. They have a wide selection to choose from, as well as some great vegetarian options. Their dumplings are also very filling and delicious.
3. The Larder – This restaurant is located on Woodstock Road and specializes in British cuisine. It’s a bit pricier than some of the other options available in Belfast, but the food is definitely worth it. Their foods are very authentic, so if you’re craving some traditional English fare, then this is your place.
4. The Pizza Press – This pizza place is a little out of the way on Townsend Street near Great Victoria Street, but if you’re looking for a thin crust pizza and something with some substance to it, then this is the spot for you. And did we mention that they have a nice selection of beer?
Things to do while you are in Belfast
Belfast is a city that tourists will love. With so many things to do, it is hard to know where to start. One of the best ways to see Belfast is by taking a tour. These tours are available from many different companies and can give you a great overview of the city. If you don’t have time for a tour, there are also plenty of things to do on your own. You can explore the city centre, go shopping at the many stores, or take a walk along the coastline. Whatever you choose to do, make sure that you take your time and enjoy yourself!
Day trip from Belfast
Belfast is a great place to start a trip to Northern Ireland, and it’s easy to get around. The map below outlines the most popular sightseeing areas in Belfast, and there are plenty of other attractions to explore if you’re looking for something different.
The Titanic Museum is an interesting attraction that’s well worth a visit, as is the Giants Causeway. If you’re feeling energetic, take a walk along the Lagan River or do some shopping at the many boutiques and stores in the city centre.
If you’d like to see some of the Outdoorsy things Belfast has to offer, head over to Strangford Lough or Downhill Skiing in Banagher. If you’re looking for something more relaxing, go for a bike ride around the city or take a ferry ride on Lough Neagh.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Aurora (Illinois) – Aurora – Illinois Travel Guide For Tourists
- A Map Of The Location of Aveiro’s Top Attractions
- Map of Avellino – What to Do in Avellino, Best Places for Sightseeing
- Map of Avignon Where to Stay in Avignon – A Travel Guide
- Baltimore Travel Guide for Tourists: A Helpful Map of Baltimore City