Do you know where the best bars are in London? Or do you know the best nightlife spots in your own hometown? If your answer is yes, then this article has been written for you. This guide outlines the top ten pubs, bars and venues in London.
Map of Bar
A lot has changed in London since the days when it was famous for its fog and dark streets. These days, the city is home to some of the world’s most popular tourist destinations, making it a prime spot for bar-hopping. Whether you’re looking for a quiet cocktail in a trendy hotspot or an energetic night out with friends, this guide will help you find the perfect watering hole.
When exploring London, be sure to check out our map of bars to get your bearings. We’ve listed all of the main areas in London (including East and West), as well as featured some of our favorite bars within each district. So whether you’re in Soho looking for a laid-back pub quiz night or in Bloomsbury searching for a lively cocktail bar, we’ve got you covered.
So where to start? Here are five top tips:
1.Start your night early by hitting up one of London’s iconic pre-club venues such as The Ritz or The Dorchester. Both boast classic decor, delicious food and exquisite cocktails – perfect for kicking off your night before hitting the town.
2. If you’re after something more nightclub-like, head over to the spaces around London’s Soho and Shoreditch. From luxury lounges like Bang & Olufsen and The Box to super-clubs such as Pacha and Ministry of Sound, these are perfect places to party later on in the evening.
3. For a more relaxed evening with friends, consider joining a pub quiz night or a cocktail class at The Wolseley – both are held every Saturday night at 9pm.
4. If you want something more traditional then try one of our favorite pubs in London: Big Smoke on Brick Lane is the perfect way to get stuck into the city’s best ales while sitting on piled up newspapers!
Bar Travel Guide For Tourist – Map Of Bars In London Photo Gallery
What is a bar?
There are many definitions for what a bar is, but generally speaking, it’s a place where people can get drinks. In London, there are many different types of bars to choose from, so whether you’re looking for a quiet pub to relax in after work or something more lively and fun, we’ve got you covered.
Here are the top 10 bars in London:
1. The Wolseley – This bar is situated in Mayfair and is known for its cocktails and wine list. It’s also a popular spot for business meetings.
2. The Churchill – This bar is located in Soho and is popular for its cocktails and nightlife. It’s often frequented by celebrities and has a dress code that ranges from casual to formal.
3. The Hoxton – This bar is located in Shoreditch and has a trendy atmosphere with graffiti on the walls. It’s often used as a location for TV shows and films.
4. The Groucho Club – This bar is located in Chelsea and has been open since 1894. It’s known for its martinis and has been used as the setting for several movies and TV shows.
5. The Ritz – This bar is located in Mayfair and has been a popular spot for celebrities and royalty. It’s one of the last remaining meeting places in London, and it serves a huge array of food and drinks.
6. The Astoria – This bar is located in Soho and was founded in 1887. It’s known for its cocktails, fine wines, and live music.
7. The Old Bailey – This bar is located in Chancery Lane and has been open since 1912. Its cocktail menu consists of more than 100 different drinks, many of which are on display behind the bar itself so that patrons can see what they’re ordering.
Beers in London
London is a city known for its pubs and bars, and there’s no shortage of places to get a drink in the city. Whether you’re looking for an intense night out with friends or are just looking for a place to relax after work, there’s a pub or bar for you. Here’s our map of London’s bars, based on our personal recommendations:
The Old Blue Last – This pub is known for its traditional English pub fare and great atmosphere. It can get quite busy, so reservations are recommended.
The Eagle & Child – This popular bar features a wide range of drinks, including craft beers. It can get very crowded, so be prepared to queue up.
The Ship – This modern day pub features a cool and trendy atmosphere, and serves delicious food options such as bacon-wrapped dates wrapped in prosciutto.
The White Horse – This classic British pub is famous for its excellent selection of real ales and strong whisky cocktails. It can get quite crowded, so arrive early if you want to snag a seat.
Pubs in London
If you’re looking for a place to drink in London, your options are plentiful. Whether you’re in the mood for a quiet pint or want to party until the wee hours of the morning, there’s a pub near you. Here’s a map of bars in London so you can get started:
The Old Bailey
This historic pub is a great place to start your evening if you’re visiting the Criminal Courts building. The Old Bailey has a range of beers and cocktails, as well as food offerings such as pies and pasties. It’s also popular with tourists, who can enjoy its relaxed atmosphere and beautiful Victorian decor.
The Coach & Horses
This pub is located just off Fleet Street, which makes it perfect if you’re looking for a lively night out with lots of action. The Coach & Horses has an extensive range of beers, wine, spirits, and cocktails on offer, as well as delicious food options like nachos and burgers. You’ll also find live music here most nights.
The Harrow & Wealdstone Public House
Located in the suburb of Harrow, this pub is perfect if you’re looking for something quieter than some of the others on this list. It has an intimate atmosphere and a relaxed atmosphere, which is perfect if you’re looking for a quiet drink.The New InnThis pub is located in the suburb of Harrow. It has an excellent atmosphere and serves delicious food with a wide variety of options available.
The New Inn also has a large selection of craft beers, wines and spirits to choose from as well as live music nearly every day.The WellingtonThis pub is located in the suburb of Southall and has a great atmosphere to enjoy while drinking. The Wellington hosts live entertainment almost every night and serves up great food in addition to delicious drinks.
Nightlife in London
London is known for its nightlife and there are plenty of bars to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a dive bar, a cocktail bar, or a more upscale establishment, London has it all. In this map of bars in London, we’ve included some of the most popular options, as well as key location information. Happy drinking!
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Aurora (Illinois) – Aurora – Illinois Travel Guide For Tourists
- A Map Of The Location of Aveiro’s Top Attractions
- Map of Avellino – What to Do in Avellino, Best Places for Sightseeing
- Map of Avignon Where to Stay in Avignon – A Travel Guide
- Baltimore Travel Guide for Tourists: A Helpful Map of Baltimore City