Leisure travel accounts for 77% of all travel taken by Asian-Americans. Most trips include a visit to friends and relatives (40%), followed by entertainment (18%), and outdoor recreation (8%). Business travel, including travel for a combination of business and leisure, accounts for 21% of person-trips taken by this demographic. Compared to
travelers overall, Asian-Americans travel to California, Nevada, and Hawaii much more often. Asian-American households spend $515 per trip, on average, excluding spending on transportation to their destination, more than overall average household trip spending in the U.S. ($457). This group has a much higher tendency to include shopping as a trip activity compared to total U.S. travelers (39% of person-trips versus 34%), according to The Minority Traveler.
Asian-American Travel Photo Gallery
The following are other facts about Asian-American travel (source: USTA):
• A large share (28%) of Asian-American person-trips includes air transportation. Five percent (5%) of Asian-American person-trips include the use of a rental car as a primary mode of transportation.
• On one in seven (15%) trips, Asian-American traveling households spend $1,000 or more, not including transportation to the destination.
• Half (50%) of Asian-American trips are made by adults traveling alone or with someone outside their household. One in five (22%) Asian-American household trips include children under 18 years old.
• Shopping is the favorite activity of Asian-American travelers, accounting for 39% of person-trips. The next most popular trip activities are visiting historical places or museums (16%), pursuing outdoor recreation (14%), attending cultural events or festivals (13%), and gambling (12%).
• A large share (46%) of Asian-American trips is generated by single, never married households.
The following are the top destinations visited by Asian-American travelers:
• Las Vegas, NV
• Los Angeles, CA
• San Francisco, CA
• San Diego, CA
• Orange County, CA
• Washington, DC
• Houston, TX
• Reno, NV
• Chicago, IL
• Seattle, WA
Hi guys, My name is Hala, welcome to my travel vacation blog...
- Why is Spain Everyone’s Favorite Holiday Destination
- The Best Benefits of Auto Title Loans in Los Angeles
- How to See The Northern Lights in Norway
- Things you must know before traveling to Las Vegas
- Experience The Enhanced Factors Of Knowing Cycling Route About Chianti
- 5 Reasons Why Spain Should Be Your 2018 Holiday Destination
- 5 Great Reasons to Give Camping a Go
- Visiting The Second Largest German City
- Haridwar Tour Package – Enjoy The River Rafting And Himalaya Trek
- Enjoying A Holiday Abroad In Ways You Never Knew