• The sector generated $2.1 trillion in economic output, with $947.1 billion in direct
• travel expenditures by domestic and international visitors that spurred an additional $1.2 trillion in other industries.
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF TRAVEL IN US Photo Gallery
• Of total U.S. gross domestic product (GDP), 2.7% is attributed to travel and tourism.
• One of nine U.S. jobs depend on travel and tourism.
• The sector supported 15.1 million jobs, including 8.1 million directly in the travel
• industry and 6.9 million in other industries.
• Wages workers directly employed by the travel sector in 2015 were $231.6 billion.
• The travel sector ranks #7 among all private industry sectors in employment.
• The travel sector is among the top 10 industries in 49 states and the District of Columbia in employment.
• Tax revenue generated by travel spending for federal, state and local governments was $147.9 billion
According to the U.S. National Travel & Tourism Strategy, published by the U.S. Department of Commerce, the leisure and hospitality sector is the sixth largest employer in the United States and one of six priority sectors likely to drive domestic employment growth over the next 10 years. The leisure and hospitality sector – which includes accommodations, food services, arts, entertainment, and recreation – could add between 2.1 million and 3.3 million jobs during this period, with high growth in consumer spending and gains in the U.S. share of global tourism.
Hi guys, My name is Hala, welcome to my travel vacation blog...
- Why is Spain Everyone’s Favorite Holiday Destination
- The Best Benefits of Auto Title Loans in Los Angeles
- How to See The Northern Lights in Norway
- Things you must know before traveling to Las Vegas
- Experience The Enhanced Factors Of Knowing Cycling Route About Chianti
- 5 Reasons Why Spain Should Be Your 2018 Holiday Destination
- 5 Great Reasons to Give Camping a Go
- Visiting The Second Largest German City
- Haridwar Tour Package – Enjoy The River Rafting And Himalaya Trek
- Enjoying A Holiday Abroad In Ways You Never Knew